Sit Vancouver Kitsilano
- 12:00 PM at Kitsilano , (email firstname.lastname@example.org for address details , Vancouver, BC) (Map It)
Lead by Karen Lawrie. Please email Karen before attending for the first time.
Meditation gives us an opportunity to quiet our minds and focus our attention on what is happening to us right now. Silence and stillness are supportive of this quieting and deepening process. With this in mind, we strive to create a sacred space in which to meditate and study the dharma.
The following guidelines are in the spirit of creating and supporting a sacred space to benefit everyone.
- Make every effort to arrive on time.
- Practice mindful movement during the meditation. If you need to change your position, move slowly, making the movement part of your meditation. This way you will support the best quality of stillness and silence possible for yourself and others in the room.
- Limit your comings and goings during class out of respect for the practice, the teachings and others. If you know you have to leave early, please take a seat at the back of the room or near a door.
- In keeping with the Buddhist tradition, the teachers receive no payment. Donations offered by visitors are appreciated and support the teachers in continuing to make the teachings available to all. Dana offerings are tax-deductible.
Any questions? Contact us